You might be looking into your options if you have found yourself facing an unexpected pregnancy. Whether you are just starting to look at your choices or you have already decided that abortion is not right for you, this page will give you information about the alternatives that you have for your pregnancy.
At first thought, parenting might feel like an impossible situation. Parenting can be challenging, but it can also be fulfilling.
It is normal to have doubts about your ability to parent.
Things to consider when thinking about parenting include the following:
- Your Support System – Will you have the support of your partner, family, or friends to help you with the difficult aspects of parenting?
- Your Ability to Care for Your Child – Seek community resources, like parenting classes and material support, if you think you need extra help.
- Your Goals and Priorities – How does parenting fit into the plans that you have for your life?
If you feel like parenting isn’t an option for you, another option is adoption. Adoption can also be emotionally difficult, but it is a worthwhile sacrifice.
Adoption might be right for you if you want:
- The option to choose the parents for your child.
- The ability to decide how involved you are in your child’s life.
There are three kinds of adoption for you to choose from:
- Open Adoption – You can communicate openly with your child and their adoptive parents.
- Closed Adoption – You can choose to remain anonymous and will not have communication with the family.
- Semi-Open Adoption – You control the level of communication between you and the family. Contact in a semi-open adoption occurs through a third party, usually the adoption agency you chose.
Making the Choice
The outcome of your pregnancy is a decision that will affect the rest of your life. The choice requires and deserves time and thought.
Here Are Some Tips to Help You Make a Decision:
- Gather all the facts about each option. This will ensure that you can make an informed decision that gives you confidence.
- Resist any pressure to choose a certain path. Outside pressure can cause you to make choices that might not be right for you.
- Avoid defaulting to the most convenient choice.
- Discuss your options with someone knowledgeable that you can trust.
Let Us Help
If you would like more information regarding your pregnancy options and resources, please contact us today. Appointments are free and confidential.
NOTE: We offer accurate information about all your pregnancy options; however, we do not offer or refer for abortion services. The information presented on this website is intended for general education purposes only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional and/or medical advice.